5th Annual Earth Day Celebration
Saturday, April 22 10am-2pm
Join us for this FREE event for the entire community celebrating our local natural resources. Explore our native prairie restoration, stroll along the spring run and see where the Comal River begins, participate in hands-on activities and scavenger hunts, and enjoy some time getting connected with nature. We’ll also have take home kits and plant giveaways, so you can celebrate Earth Day all year long in your own backyard!
In order to hold a safe and fun event, we ask all visitors to follow these safety guidelines:
- In order to limit our use of plastic, please bring your own reusable water bottles.
- Pets are welcome, but we do ask that they stay on leash.
- Please wear comfortable closed toe walking shoes during your visit.
- While you’re here, be aware of your surroundings. Keep an eye out for trip hazards, path erosion, wildlife (including ants), and low hanging branches.
- Bat Conservation International
- Comal County Conservation Alliance
- Heritage Museum of the Texas Hill Country
- League of Women Voters- Comal Area
- Native Plant Society of Texas, New Braunfels Chapter
- New Braunfels Utilities
- SJRC Texas
- Texas Master Naturalists, Lindheimer Chapter
- Texas Water Development Board
- Westside Community Center