3rd Annual Earth Day Celebration
Saturday, April 24 10am-2pm
Join us for this FREE event for the entire community celebrating our local natural resources. Explore our native prairie restoration, stroll along the spring run and see where the Comal River begins, participate in hands-on activities and scavenger hunts, and enjoy some time getting connected with nature. We’ll also have take home kits and plant giveaways, so you can celebrate Earth Day all year long in your own backyard!
In order to hold a safe and fun event, we will be asking all visitors to follow these COVID-19/Safety Guidelines:
- To ensure social distancing, space is limited.
- All visitors are required to register for a timed ticket in advance.
- If you are sick, have a fever, or have come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, please stay home.
- Please maintain a distance of 6 feet from any Headwaters staff, volunteers, or visitors outside of your party.
- All visitors over the age of 2 are required to wear face masks.
- Limit touch! There are plenty of things to see, hear, read, and smell without touching.
- Please bring your own water as water fountains are unavailable.
- Please wear comfortable closed toe walking shoes during your visit.
- While you’re here, be aware of your surroundings. Keep an eye out for trip hazards, path erosion, wildlife (including ants), and low hanging branches.
- AmaTerra Environmental, Inc.
- Bat Conservation International
- City of New Braunfels- Solid Waste & Recycling Division
- City of New Braunfels- Watershed Management Division
- Comal County Conservation Alliance
- Heritage Museum of the Texas Hill Country
- Native Plant Society of Texas, New Braunfels Chapter
- New Braunfels Art League
- New Braunfels Garden Club
- SJRC Texas
- Texas Master Naturalists, Lindheimer Chapter