One Water New Braunfels
With a strong desire to provide water management that is resilient, sustainable, and in keeping with the values of the New Braunfels community, the One Water New Braunfels Roadmap is a framework to support water management agencies and the community in realizing this vision: To ensure water remains a celebrated and protected feature of our community by collaboratively managing our water resources to safeguard watersheds, waterways and groundwater.
- Plan for and manage water resources holistically and sustainably
- Maximize environmental, social and economic benefits to New Braunfels
- Ensure water remains a celebrated feature of our community
- Build a community of water-conscious citizens
- Provide a sustainable and resilient water supply for people
- Ensure high-quality drinking water & water quality that meets the standards for its intended use
- Improve health of local watersheds, waterways, and groundwater resources
What is One Water?
The One Water approach is an international movement being adopted and implemented by cities, utilities, urban planners, engineers, politicians and more. Instead of compartmentalizing water into its various sectors – such as drinking water, wastewater, stormwater, recreational water, and so forth – and making decisions in isolation from each other, this vision mandates that we see it is all “one water” and work more collectively as a group when we address water issues.
Interested in learning more?
If you would like to stay informed on the work of the One Water working group please join the list serve here: